For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ - 1 Corinthians 12:12
What is Partnership?
Partnership is about intentional commitment to a local church family. We use “partnership” instead of “membership” because it signifies that joining our church isn’t the goal -- It is about the shared mission of loving God, loving people, and making disciples!
We want you to take ownership in your role in the ministry God is doing through VBC by being engaged with what we do, through serving, and through giving. Partnership is all about followers of Jesus choosing to grow in their relationship with God by linking arms to bring about God’s dream for Salinas and the world.
Committing yourself to a body of believers is weighty, but it’s also awesome. When Partners join, they commit to a spiritual family that provides encouragement and support. Our Pastors and leaders also join in partnership with you to assist our Partners with care, counsel, prayer and teaching.
Partnership is not about:
- Being a part of an exclusive club
- Preferences, desires, or voting rights
We encourage partnership for:
- A Biblical reason: Jesus is committed to His Church. We must be committed to one another.
- A practical reason: It defines who can be counted on.
- A personal reason: It produces spiritual growth.
Steps to Partnership
2. Ask for Partnership (Fill out connection form here or see our connection center during any service. Upon receiving your request, you will be contacted. During our quarterly business meetings, all partner requests are reviewed and approved. This allows us to be accountable to our partners as a church.